Monday 4 February 2013

Draft Article

Ever since Fuse started as a small English band from the midlands doing open mic nights at their local pubs, they’re rise to fame wouldn't have been as substantial without the enthusiastic frontman Jake Levigne Leading them on. Beat magazine’s own Nathan Simmons talks to …… in this exclusive interview with the man from Fuse.
He is thought of as the stand alone man from Fuse and is undoubtedly one of the most influentially talented musicians coming out of the industry currently.
2012 has been their breakout year with firstly supporting Foals at the turn of the year, and then a top selling album which stormed to the top of the indie charts followed with a European tour with critical acclaim. And just to think a year before they were in their hometown of Coventry trying to get any gig they could; now they are one the most talked about upcoming bands with an ever-growing fan base. They have completely taken over the indie genre by storm and are increasingly becoming the main face of the genre. Now with a new year, Fuse’s front man has told Beat that he wants this year to be even better

You've just finished the tour, how was it?
This being are first and obviously not last tour I’ve got nothing really to compare it with but what I can say that it was absolutely amazing. Everything about it was overwhelming, I mean the crowds were just incredible and this really helped me and the band perform passionately. The first gig at the Ricoh Arena in Cov(Coventry) was the most nerve racking as I’ve always wanted to play there but once I saw the crowed and walked on to the stage my nerves were gone and this gave us a good start which followed us throughout the tour.  

You seem to be much more chilled than you are on the stage. Normally we see you jumping around doing some crazy things, why is this?
I think it is that when I have a crowd in front of me and there screaming at me it makes me sing more passionately and sometimes I may go over top but I feel that its more enjoyable for the crowd and the result is that we give an even better performance from this. Also the fact that I’m playing with my mates helps me perform like this. But I do agree with you that I’m much more quiet and chilled off stage and I suppose this a good thing otherwise id be tearing down this room if I acted like I do on stage.

What do you think when people say you are the stand out member of the band?
It’s flattering to hear that because I do a lot of hard work striving to get this band further and I’m glad it is paying off and if getting highlighted as the stand out member because of this is what comes with hard work then I’m happy with it. But i don’t really take any notice of it because without Dan, Tom and Charlie I and the band wouldn't be anything.

2012 was incredible for you, what do you want 2013 to be?
I want it to be even better and have more success than last year. I think we can do this if we are dedicated and work as hard to produce quality music.

What's to come in 2013?
We're currently in the studio working on another album to be released October/November time. Also we got lots of festivals to come in particular Glastonbury, Reading & Leeds in the summer and throughout the year some small gigs throughout the UK.  

No comments:

Post a Comment