Monday 8 April 2013

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups? - DRAFT

My artist Jake Levigne (left), Noel Gallagher (middle), Orlando Weeks (right)
The image of Noel Gallagher(right) shows him in a similar style to my artist. They are both wearing a similar jacket with it zipped all the way up. I would say that the style is the only thing similar to my artist as he is younger and plays a different genre of music. This is the sort of style my target market likes.  Appearance wise I have compared him to Noel Gallagher although my artists does play a different genre. Indie artists that i compare my artist Jake Levigne to are Orlando weeks (The Maccabees) but my artists character is a bit more outlandish and has a 'louder' personality with the way he performs on stage which can be seen in my article. The two are also in the same social group, they are both white, middle class .The Maccabees are an example of what type of music my audience enjoy so having my artist playing the same type of music but also making him an enthusiastic character will appeal to readers of Beat magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Good but you can also add detail here about age, the type of expression he has and whether he is a positive role model for your readers. Use your Uk Tribes research to add detail to this post.

    ReplyDelete