Wednesday 30 January 2013

Magazine Title & Possible Fonts

It's pretty self explanatory why i called my magazine 'BEAT' as every song has a beat to it. Also i chose this as the name as its short and easy to say, this makes it much more recognisable & appealing to readers. I wanted to included 'Music Magazine' and the issue date somewhere on the title as i think it will look good if there both included on the masthead. The bottom masthead is the one I've chosen to use and i'll improve it when making my magazine. 

For the font i wanted it to stand out and be large at the top of the magazine. So by using a bold font this helps it stand out. I decided to uses capital letters because it's quite conventional, for example NME, Clash, Spin and more magazines use capital letter on their mastheads. The fonts on the left are Myriad Pro (top), Abadi MT Condensed Light (middle) and Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold (bottom). I chose the bottom font because i think it stands out well and would look good at the top of a magazine. I will change the colour of the title depending on the background colour. For example if my magazine had a black background the masthead would be white. I decided to put 'Music Magazine' underneath the title to the left because i want the space to be filled by the model. The issue date on the side of the 'T' of Beat i think fits nicely and the font help it to do this.
UPDATE:
I changed the layout of the masthead slightly with now the month and issue number are both underneath 'BEAT' also now instead of Music Magazine i changed it to 'Monthly Music Magazine'. I've done this because looking at my draft the masthead didn't really work and looked out of place on the cover, so i've made it slightly simpler to prevent this.

No comments:

Post a Comment