Monday 25 March 2013

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? - DRAFT


Camera:
To take my images I used a Canon 600D. I found that the pictures on this were of a much better quality than other cameras. The images I took with the camera were both inside and outside. The lighting for the inside was bright as there was daylight so there was no need for a flash. Outside it was bright as well and there was no need to use the flash on the camera.  I learnt how to use the camera, by that I mean I learnt about the different settings and filters and how to use them correctly.

Computer/Laptops:
I used the school computer sand an Apple MacBook Pro to create my coursework. I used both of these for research and planning in to my magazine. I didn't really learn anything new about these two computers however I did learn how to use the software more efficiently on them such as Photoshop.

Adobe Photoshop CS6:
Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editing program which I used to create my magazine. Since I started this coursework I have gradually became better at Photoshop. The main thing I feel I learnt is how to cut using the lasso tool properly which I used mostly to cut out images (for example the cover photo). I created my Cover, Contents and Double Page Spread with Photoshop. Having very little experience with this program before, throughout this course I have learnt how to use Photoshop.

Blogger:
I posted all the stages of my coursework through blogger. I learnt how to use Blogger and from this I posted the research, planning, drafting, final pieces and evaluations.

Prezi:
I used prezi during research in my coursework, it help me with my magazine pitch and others. I learnt how to put a presentation together on Prezi.

USB Flash Drive:
I used a usb to save coursework on to use on different computers. This really helped me throughout the course.

Slidshare:
I learnt how to use slidehsare to show PowerPoint presentations I’ve made on my blog. I found slideshare really useful during the course as PowerPoint presentations are an efficient way of showing information.

Safari & Google Chrome
These are the two search browsers i used in the research and planning stage of the coursework. They are both very useful for researching and planning as they come up with images and information on magazines. I didn't really learn anything new about these two internet browsers.

1 comment:

  1. Can you also comment on how you used the Internet ie UK Tribes, YouTube , magazine covers, use of animoto etc

    ReplyDelete