Monday 25 March 2013

7. Looking back at your preliminary task , what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product? - DRAFT

Comparing my preliminary magazine to my final i think i have firstly improved on the layout of my magazine. In my preliminary i think i used the space very poorly on both my cover and contents page. The cover page on my final piece i think i used the space well and kept it simple to give it a nice clean look.  The contents page on my final i thought was much better than my preliminary but i feel i have struggled with the contents page throughout the course. The preliminary magazine contents i thought was vey poor, from then i tried a few layouts. Research on magazine did really help me and the inspiration for my final contents page was Esquire magazine's layout.
Secondly, I've learnt how to make images more aesthetically pleasing. In my preliminary the images were very plain with them all being on the same background. From this i thought carefully where and what type of images i would take. The main images i used in my final piece all had different backgrounds and colours and they all weren't the same type of shot. Looking at the final images compared to my preliminary images i think i have really improved them and made them much more aesthetically pleasing. 
Overall i think that i learnt a lot and improved in every area of the magazine from my preliminary to my final magazine.

1 comment:

  1. You have made relevant points but do need to develop your points more fully.Try to use the correct terminology such as rule of thirds and cover lines. In the final version of this, you can place images of both the prelim and the final music magazine side by side with annotations to prove how you have progressed. This is what the examiners need to see- how you have developed your skills over time and with practice.

    ReplyDelete